Monday, July 25, 2011

Waiting for answers

The silence on my blog has been deafening. Last week was a bit of a battle for me. Running was almost next to impossible and I was happy to do 3 miles three different days last week. I was so sure I was being sidelined with an injury. My joints were achy and I was exhausted for no apparent reason. What I thought was poison ivy progressively got worse and now has spread over my entire midsection, back, shoulders and my ass. Needless to say I'm in a bit of a miserable, itchy state.

Needing answers and once again being overcome with a migraine (for the third time in a week), I sought a professional opinion. The first question out of the doctor's mouth was "does anyone in your family have Lupus?" The panic set in. I have watched my mother struggle with this disease for years. I've watched her be in pain, I've watched her be worn out, and I've watched her go through the struggle of finding a treatment that helped her have a normal, happy life (which she does now). This was not a question I wanted to hear.

They took 7 vials of my blood today for the tests and I have to wait 3 weeks for some answers. It comforts me to know that my "injury" probably is not running related but it scares me to death that it might be this disease that I don't know much about (and apparently neither do doctors). I'm going to take things one day at a time and I'm probably going to have to take the week off from running. The only thing my body wants to do right now is sleep.

I'm praying that I get answers and I'm praying that its something else that's easy to fix. I have to remind myself to live life one day at a time because I tend to panic over the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment