Thursday, August 18, 2011

No Answers.....More Waiting.... But More Running too!!

All this waiting will drive a woman crazy!! Still no answers on my "recent" health problems. I say "recent" because we're getting close to the two month mark on the symptoms. My rash has gone away and the prednisone the doctor prescribed about a month ago really helped calm a lot of my symptoms. Now I have good days and I have bad days (for a while there, they were all bad). For instance, on Tuesday I was tired and hurting so bad that I was crying but today I was able to work 8 hours and run 5.5 miles. Also, most of the joint pain has settled into my hands and elbows and isn't so severe in my knees and hips anymore. This really helps with being able to keep running. You take what life give you I suppose.

On a very positive note, I have found that the more I run the better I feel (if I listen to my body and rest when I'm tired). Best of all, on the days when I run, my symptoms are less severe. So I'll keep pressing on and listening to what my body tells me.

I was able to get an appointment with a rheumatologist on September 16 so fingers crossed (if I were capable of crossing my fingers right now) that I get some answers. Until then, I'll just keep trying to take care of myself as best as I can.
So as far as I know I'm back on track with the running. Last week I did 25 miles (almost what I was up to pre-half marathon in the Spring) and this week I'm right at 16 right now and looking to get in 10-12 more for the week. I may actually bust out of my shell on Saturday and show up to run with the local running club. I'm getting rather tired of my reclusiveness (is that a word?).

No comments:

Post a Comment