Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mileage is up and spirits are high!

And I'm back in the game!! The last two weeks I've been able to log 25-30 Miles per week which is where I needed to be to start adding for the marathon training. I've been running through my pain and its really continuing to help my symptoms.

So in true race training form, I've made a spreadsheet!! I have somewhere around 14 weeks until race day and I have to make them count. This is week 2 of my spreadsheet and I've not missed a beat yet! As long as we can keep my symptoms at bay and my mind on track I'm certainly up for this challenge.

I must take some time to vent though. Its still HOT!! I'm ready for cooler weather and less humidity!! At this point, I'd take one of those two. They don't even have to come in pairs!! This week has been decent at 6am (somewhere in the high sixties) but give me a break already God! I'd also like to point out that taking off at 6am, its pitch black outside now. I'd like to be able to run in the daylight so cooler temps are what I'm begging for.

I signed B and I up for a 10k Sept 17 to kick off our running season! Fingers crossed for those cooler temps. I'd like to PR this race if I can.

Recap of last week or so:
Today: 5 miles
Yesterday: Rest Day
Sunday: 8 miles
Saturday: Rest Day
Friday: 3 Miles
Thursday: Rest Day
Wednesday: 6 Miles
Tuesday: 5 miles
Monday: 5.5 Miles

Now that I"m caught up on the blog perhaps I can stick with posting on it!!

1 comment:

  1. i wanna hear about your run with the new group!!! keep posting!

    ReplyDelete